We have a new store opening in May 2020, for which we will be recruiting :
- Head Chef
- Sous Chef
- Assistant Manager
- Sushi Ninja / roller
Please keep an eye out on social media and on this page for updates. Job adverts will be posted soon.
We’re looking to build our amazing festival team for Summer 2020 Our newest experiment is to change the way business is done and to run on a Pay As You Feel model. Challenging how people interact with money and the competition and scarcity/excess that commonly comes with it. In essence we take the demand away from the customer and turn the transaction into a gift. Not only is this a nicer way to interact with our customers but it opens the doors to those who wouldn't usually be able to afford healthy vegan food in a beautiful and kind environment. Love is a gift and so we can’t really love those around us if we are constantly expecting things in return. This will be implemented in both our shops in Brighton and at some of the music festivals throughout the year. We're looking for staff who get excited by experiments like this and like the idea of serving rather than selling
We're looking for a special and hardworking Manager to join our summer festival team. An amazing opportunity to work with "BEST FESTIVAL CATERER" 2017 & 2019 at the top music festivals in the UK. We're a vegan company with great ethics and we support some amazing charities whilst producing some of the best festival food out there. Full training given and opportunity to make good money including a sales-based bonus at the end of the summer.
This is a high responsibility role and a high workload role and requires someone who has had previous management and festival experience and is a competent driver. We will consider couples for the role especially when the other half has kitchen / chef experience. Ideally based in or near West Sussex, or located nearby
- Up to 6 days a week including set up, break down and travel days, staff management,
- Creating Staff Rota & what's app groups
- Stall management, monitoring staff hours v's busyness of event.
- Stall set up and breakdown
- Cashing up & being in charge of cash until its banked.
- Communicating and working with festival trader managers onsite
- Communicating with upper management
- Driving stock van or service van to and from events
- Collecting stock from Happy Maki base: BN5 9SL
- Level 2 Food HygieneService and food quality monitoring
- Preparing Sushi Rice Veg prepKeeping the working environment organised, clean and tidy
- Free for large majority of May 22nd – 7th of September, ideally all.
As part of our ethos we train staff to be able to do the majority of jobs so you'll be rolling sushi and serving too and makingPay starts at £13 / h with scope to increase if you work well. If you’re interested in this role, please email your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're looking for a hardworking and passionate Chef to join Happy Maki as part of our summer festival team. An amazing opportunity to work with "BEST FESTIVAL CATERER" 2017 & 2019 at the top music festivals in the UK. We're a vegan company with great ethics and we support some amazing charities whilst producing some of the best festival food out there. Please check out our website before applying for the job. Full sushi training given and it's a great opportunity to save good money over the Summer.
This is a high responsibility role and a high workload role.
- Fast paced food prepStock management
- Working with a deep fat fryer Washing, cooking & seasoning sushi rice
- Managing food volume prepped versus food being sold
- Keeping a clean & tidy working environment
- Always being one step ahead to ensure the stall is always fully prepared.
- Record keeping for rice pH and fridge temperatures
- Working hours are earlier from 8am - 8pm.
- Ability to get to and from festivals independently (we can help set up car shares)
- Working as part of a team- Free for large majority of May 22nd – 7th of September.
Pay starts at £12 / h with scope to increase if you work well. If you’re interested in this role, please email your CV and cover note to email@example.com