ASSISTANT MANAGER - TAKEWAWAY - 4 DAYS A WEEK - SUNDAY -> WEDNESDAY
RECRUITING TO START ASAP.
We have a full time assistant manager position going at our takeaway in Pool Valley. In this role for Sunday to Tuesday you will take lead of the team and on Wednesdays you share this day with the store manager who then manages the shop Wednesday to Saturday.
Our rota is normally set, although at the moment is more fluid due to covid cases.
For full time positions we can operate a 4 or 5 day work week doing between 32-40 hours a week. What we are looking-for in our staff are hard working and self-responsible individuals who love cooking, hospitality and who have good organisational and communication skills. People who can work well and considerately in a team.
We’re vegan company who support some amazing charities whilst producing delicious healthy fast food. Our newest experiment is to change the way business is done and to run our restaurants on Gift Economy. Challenging how people interact with money and the competition and scarcity / excess that commonly comes with it. In essence we take the demand of payment away from the customer and turn the transaction into a gift. As a kinder way to do business, this means we are able to connect on a more personal level to the customers, and the customers choose to support us. We are looking for a team member who is interested in developing an understanding of Gift Economy and shaping each customer’s experience through kindness. We're looking for staff who get excited by experiments like this and like the idea of serving rather than selling.
● Supervising, organising and disciplining staff when necessary
● Stock knowledge & ordering
● Understanding food safety routines and ensuring they are adhered to
● Filing invoices
● Training new staff
● Communication with suppliers via email & phone (when manager is unavailable)
● Close communication with management team about any issues and fixing them
● Working closely with the chef to ensure efficient food service
● Making sushi rolls and and serving customers
● Ensuring a high level of cleanliness at all times in the shop
● Dealing with customer complaints
● Ensuring the gift economy experience for customers is kind and correct
● Working 4 - 5 days a week 32 - 42 hours
● Previous management experience or a strong desire to start managing.
● Level 2 Food Hygiene, completed prior to role commencing
● Confident knife skills for large amount of veg prep
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment
● Strong multi-tasking skills
● Enjoys working as part of a team
● Very hard working and productive
● Clean and tidy work practices
● Passion or understanding for veganism
● Kind and considerate character
● Physically healthy and strong
Pay start sat £11/ h, plus holiday pay, plus pension contribution. Pay is negotiable depending on experience and performance. We want to keep and reward good staff and there is the option to go on salary if you would prefer. We train all staff to be self-responsible and this is a big quality that we look for in anyone that works for Happy Maki. Everyone is trained to be able to do the majority of tasks. The position is not to manage the staff all of the working hours, but it will be necessary at times and we need people who are comfortable doing this. If you'd love to work for Happy Maki please send the below to our Business manager Joey on email@example.com:
1. A cover email
2. Your CV
3. The job role and hours you're interested in
4. Please also read the information on Gift Economy
WE ARE NOW FULLY STAFFED FOR OUR 2021 TEAM.